Water Management & Crop Production
Special Program for India Farmers
March 19-24, 2017
Topics included in the 6-day program:
Historical tour days :
- Irrigation and fertilization methods in Vegetables field and greenhouse (Netafim)
- Visits to farms and meetings with farm managers and agricultural specialists (Vegetables, Dairy, Plantation)
- Vegetables seedling manufacturing methods
- Post-harvest technologies
- Agricultural R&D center in the desert (Ramat-Negev)
Farm Visit Information
- On our way from the border to the hotel we will be visiting Garlic fields and meeting with farm manager.
- Afimilk - Animal Health Monitoring
- Visit to a Mango orchard, supplying fertilizers year-round, drip fertigation monitoring systems. We will be meeting with the farm manager
- Intensive manufacturing technologies in Banana orchards, Banana varieties, net cover, harvesting technologies.
- Lavido organic cosmetics: Lavido specializes in natural, organic cosmetics that combine innovative research with experience gained over more than a decade in the development of advanced care and treatment products.
- We will be visiting cooperative growing Mediterranean aromatic plants for health, food and cosmetics industry: Lavender, Salvia, Majorana.
- Greenhouse Hydrophonic lettuce manufacture for food industry
- Private family farms growing tomatoes in net house; plant designing for high yield productivity, pest management, net cover advantages and fertigation control.
- Experimental vegetable seed farm for new varieties, sponsored by the seed industry
All day Jerusalem historical tour
- Family drip irrigation demonstration for small farm (low pressure) and greenhouse fertigation control systems
- Technical workshop – all aspects of fertigation system maintenance
> Hishtil vegetable seedling nursery – Ashkelon Industrial Area –seedling in soilless media, automatic irrigation and quality seedling supply to farmers
> Post-harvest technologies: sorting and cold storage of Potatoes and Carrots for export. We will be visiting Avshalom cooperative packing house.
> Visit to Tomatoes Greenhouse in the desert
> Visit to Ramat-Negev R&D center.
> Tour in a cooperative vegetable big scale fields; Carrots, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Wheat. This tour focus is Irrigation technologies of all growing plant stages; seedling, young plants, mature plants, pre-harvesting.
> Agricultural machinery used by the cooperative fields
> Visit to a cooperative Fish farm.